The Perfect Mother

and other lies

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Slave To The Scale

Did I mention I have around 30 pounds to lose? Yeah, I said 30. Twenty from my last pregnancy (that ended 18 months ago, *sigh*) and ten from grazing like a cow over the "holidays". Didn't you know that the holidays start on Halloween and end on Valentine's Day? Well, they do. Oh what fun I had. I'll share a little fitness tidbit with you - it turns out you CAN'T eat everything within your reach even if you are running six days a week. Who knew?

So, it's time. I've been hauling around this extra 30 pounds for awhile now, and I think it's finally worn out it's welcome. The half marathon I'm doing in June will be sooooo much easier when I'm able to flit and fly gracefully over the finish line 30 pounds lighter. Maybe I'll just prance. Nah, prance doesn't seem right. Truthfully, I'll probably be crawling across the finish line. Ok, so the plan is to crawl across the finish line, but do it 30 pounds lighter. At least my hands and knees will be thankful.

Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Meredith said...

It's funny that you mention WW - I joined in January and really like it. But, I've been screwing around a lot lately, and as a result, have stayed about the same. Well, no more. I hate wasting money and that's exactly what I was doing. I know it works, I just have to DO IT.

The half is a local race called Dam to Dam. I'm sure I'll be saying DAMN to DAMN by the time I'm done. (har har, couldn't see that one coming, could you?)

Thanks for the encouragemnet,
Meredith

 

Post a Comment

<< Home