The Perfect Mother

and other lies

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Crazy

You can call me that. Why? Well, I just spent an hour and a half tracing and then coloring in a 3 foot picture of *Strawberry *Shortcake. It's my interpretation of pin the tail on the donkey, except miss shortcake doesn't have a tail, she has a big ass bow on her big ass hat.

Anything for my beeyootiful soon to be 4 year old's birthday party this Saturday. I always go overboard on these things. I always have. I'm a party type gal. I love everything to match, tons of balloons, games and enough candy to stop your heart. I'm Waaaaaay weird like that.

This is our first kids' party. The three previous years we just had family over for her birthday. I think I'm just as excited as she is. (Again, weird, I know.) Guess who got to pick the theme, huh?, huh? Me, that's who. Because it is ALL about me, you know. In my defense, I usually take her to the big party store and let her pick out her own theme, but I knew it would be some variation on the princess theme - again. I just couldn't take the tiara and wand thing again. Two years in a row is enough. So, Mommy got to pick! Yay me! Ha! No princess crap this year! Ha! No, no, no. Mommy's having a flashback to her own childhood and cannot pass up the divine cuteness of the Shortcake.

I need a life.

3 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Strawberry Shortcake. Good choice, Mom!

And yes, the parties are mostly for us ... they couldn't care less as long as there is a cake and presents. I'm the same way. And I'll find any excuse to throw a party, too.

Life is for celebrating, so have fun!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Aimee said...

I LOVE parties! J is having an Elmo themed 2nd birthday party this year. He LOVES Elmo, but let's face it-we picked out the theme and all the goodies. He is clueless that we're even having a party. I did sneak a Dora pinata in the cart when DH wasn't looking. He he! Ummm... and I've already got the moonwalk reserved.

Have fun partying!
Aimee

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Happy Happy to the soon-to-be 4 year old! I wasn't much into Shortcake when I was little but I did like her. I had those peel and stick colorforms and the little matt thingee that came with it smelled like strawberries. Yu.mm.y!!!

Have a blast. I love planning kid parties!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home