The Perfect Mother

and other lies

Monday, November 21, 2005

Full of Thanks

Ok. I have to do this. I have to do this because sometimes you let all the bad stuff overshadow the good stuff, ya know? This is to remind myself of the good, which there is a lot of:


I am thankful for:

My girls. They are beautiful, funny and a complete joy 99.9% of the time.

My 2 year old's rendition of the song I sing to her before putting her to bed. I made up the song when my 4 year old was a baby. The 2 year old belts it out like an old pro. Off key and and as loud as her little voice can go. I love it.

Snuggling with my 4 year old. When I've had a particularly weary day, I crawl into bed with her and let her shower me with all the lovey goodness I can take. She tells me stories, tells me she loves me and throws her little arms and legs over mine in a huge bear hug. Yum.

Good health. Mine, my girls' and pretty much my entire extended family. We're all doing pretty darn good - physically that is. Now mentally....that's a different story. Ahem.

Another day on this earth. Another day to start fresh. A do-over. I've been taking a lot of do-overs lately.

All the basics - roof over our heads, food on our table, clothes on our backs.

Girlfriends. Without them, I don't think I could've survived the last 6 months. There's nothing like an awesome girlfriend.

The most incredible chocolate chip cookie recipe I've ever found. I have made countless batches of cookies in the last few months. I usually make them on Tuesday night while I watch *TheBiggestLoser. Is that sick or what?! HA!!

Well, I'm sure there's more. There always is. But that covers the big stuff, anyway.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

1 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Undone Lady said...

Found your blog through Nino's blog. I've read every entry tonight and loved every bit. Hope you come back soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home