The Perfect Mother

and other lies

Monday, May 30, 2005

The Screeching Can Stop Anytime...

No. Really. It can. I promise I won't miss it.

My not-yet two year old has turned two. The screeching. The screaming of "MINE!" "NO!!" "NO!! ISS MINE!!" And in case you didn't hear her, a "NO!! MOMMY! ISS MIIIINNNNE!!" for good measure. The biting. The pinching. The hitting. All followed up by me saying "No bite(pinch, hit), that hurts Mommy." Her ever popular response: "NO HURT!, NO MOMMY!" Did I mention the screaming? The screaming seems to be never ending. She screams about anything and everything. The other day I did something that really pissed her off (I probably looked at her, what was I thinking??) and she LITERALLY ran screaming from the room. I mean, little arms up in the air, mouth agape, little legs running, screaming from the room. That one made me laugh.

And WHINING. Whine, scream. Scream, whine. And around and 'round we go....

Maybe I have reaaaallly bad selective memory, but I do NOT remember it being like this with my first daughter, and I thought my first daughter was, at times, born of satan.

She just seems so negative. So unhappy. Where's my sweet, chubby cheeked grins and happy little giggles? Sure, they're there, just few and far between. Is this normal? Is this ok? Please tell me I'm not crazy. Having TWO children, you'd think I'd be more on the ball with this sort of thing, but, well, I'm not. I need reassurance, people. This WILL get better, right? She doesn't have some kind of personality disorder, correct?

Meanwhile, we're all going deaf here on the ranch...

2 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. We'll I can't speak from experience, since I've only got one child going on two years in August, but she seems to be entering a more aggressive phase herself...

She's still overall happy, but she is certainly asserting her independance lately.

Your daughter sounds frustrated or something... Maybe she's just at the age where she's trying to communicate but can't verbalize things properly, which causes frustration?

Geeze, I dunno. I'll just shut up now.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger humble servant said...

I wonder if it is a second child thing. My first is an angel compared to her younger sister. And I have several other friends lamenting the same sort of thing.... I say, though it doesn't feel normal, it must be. And teaches us a great deal of patience.

Many Blessings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home