The Perfect Mother

and other lies

Friday, April 29, 2005

Perspective

Don't you just love when you get bitch-slapped by a big 'ol dose of perspective? Let me explain:

I got a phone call today telling me that my husband was at the hospital. He fell off a ladder while trimming a tree. That was all I was told. Even after I loudly stated that I needed to hear that he was ok. I believe my exact words were: I need to hear that he's ok so that I can function. I knew that in order to go from point A (gather up my kids and either find someone to watch them or get them calmly into the car) to point B (the hospital) I had to be told that he was alive. Even if it was a lie.

Thankfully, blessedly, he is alive. But hurt. Miraculously, he has no broken bones. Although, he did land on his face, and as a consequence, has 23 stitches holding it together. He bit through his lower lip and almost entirely severed his tongue.

Life is a gift.

6 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meredith! I'm SO SORRY! Please know he has my prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery. What a horrible thing to happen. I'm sorry you had such a scare too. :( I'm so glad he's OK!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Meredith said...

Thank you Nino. I've been trying to post to your blog, but for some reason, it won't let me. Anyway, thank you for your mention in your entry today. You are truly a kind soul.

Meredith

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Kate said...

OMG! How scary! Thank God he's okay.

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry! I read about your husband's accident on Nino's blog. I know he is going to be VERY uncomfortable for a while, but I am so glad that he is o.k. Thank goodness!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh my! I'm very happy to hear that, although very much injured, your husband is okay.

You're right. Life is a gift.

Thinking of you...

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Aimee said...

I'm so behind on blogs. It's Mother's Day and I am just sitting down for some "me" time. I hope your husband is feeling better. You are all in our thoughts!
Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home