The Perfect Mother

and other lies

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Happy Birthday, Mom

Today is my mom's birthday. She would have been 66 years old. That's amazing to me. It's been 7 years since she died.

Today was also the day we finally buried her ashes. My dad had the urn until he sold his house and moved out of state last fall.

It was a nice little memorial. We laughed a lot and put her favorite flowers (lilacs) and notes we all wrote in with her. I'm sure she was there too, laughing along with us.

I miss her, especially now that I have children of my own. They never knew her, and that's the saddest part. She would have loved them to pieces. She DOES love them to pieces. We just don't get to witness it.

Happy Birthday, Mom.

3 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, what a sweet post, Meredith. I'm so sorry you lost your Mom so young. This was a lovely tribute.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Jen said...

How I wish I could just hug you. We, unfortunately, have our loss of mom's in common. Sucks! I understand and know how it feels.

My mom loved lilacs too, as do I. I smile each spring when I smell them. It reminds me of her and I when I was young. It's the special little memories that get you through the day.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Jen said...

PS.
Shoot me an email. I lost all my email addresses when we switched pc's last weekend and I want to ask you something...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home