The Perfect Mother

and other lies

Monday, February 21, 2005

In Which Every Step Feels Like Lead

It was my own fault:

1. I went to bed very late last night. As a result, I was not well rested.
2. I didn't eat anything beforehand.
3. I didn't drink my usual amount of water beforehand.
4. I didn't set out my running clothes the night before.
5. I couldn't find my shoes.
6. I have a zit the size of a small country right between my eyes.

Some days running is easy. Others are anything but. Today was one of those days. Because of the above list, every single step I took felt like I was trying to run through cement. I got half way through and took a walk break. And (here it comes...) held onto the handrails. Yes. It was THAT bad.

But, I kept going and I found myself with only a few minutes left. I decided to kick it into gear, above list be damned. I flat out, balls to the wall, sprinted the last minute. This may be the runner's high talking, but

I fucking rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home