The Perfect Mother

and other lies

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Has it really been that long?

I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. I've been CRAZY busy this past week/weekend. I had family in for my daughter's dance recital. At least my inlaws weren't going to be over - so I only had to get my house "MY family clean", not "inlaw clean". Oh c'mon. You know what I mean.

So how was everybody's Friday the 13th? I was too busy to notice the date, but my poor husband had a horrible day. First his office (in our basement) flooded, then some kind of parts for some kind of thing that he REALLY needed at work didn't come in and then finally, his dog was shot. Yes. That's right. Someone actually SHOT his dog. The whole day was like some really bad country song.

Oh, and did I mention that he had to sit through a three hour dance recital? My husband is SOOOO not the dance recital type. But, he did it. For our daughter. He hated it, but he did it. After this weekend, I think he's entitled to a bit of *fondling*, don't you?! Heh.

Lordy, this entry is boring. It's even boring me. Sorry bout that. They can't all be winners, can they? Obviously not.

4 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Jen said...

SHOT HIS DOG? OMG...I'm in shock over hear. Sorry to hear that. And a THREE hour recital? Oh goodness!

I'm still so bummed I couldn't meet you last weekend, but the good news is that we will have many more opportunities!!!! Let me know and we'll make a plan chick!!!

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Duh, obviously meant to say "here" not "hear." I'm not thinking today...not enough coffee in the gut yet.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger humble servant said...

Meredith, wow. What an unbelievable story. It DOES sound like a country song. I am so sorry for your family, especially your husband.

And sometimes the "boring" posts just serve the purpose of us getting to know you better. Not to say that you are boring, but these kinda posts give us a little window into every day life...

Hope this week turns out better.

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No post with the word fondling in it can be boring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home